Wednesday 15 January 2014

Work Placement with Leeds Print Festival


This year I decided to follow up my love for print by getting on board this years Leeds Print Festival. I am really looking forward to being part of the event and being able to chat with other designers and printers. Hopefully the experience will build my confidence when it comes to talking to professionals and will also help with my time management and organization skills. There are lots of job roles that I will have to undertake over the course of the week so I have to be prepared for anything. I think working at the festival is a great opportunity and I plan to make the most of every situation.

My placement starts on Monday 20th January and will last around a week. During the print festival there will be lots of change, on the Friday we will be having the opening night of the exhibition in Leeds Gallery including live printing workshops. The following day is the print fair which includes 14 different crafters/designers/printers who will be selling work throughout the day. Finally on the Sunday we will be hosting the print talks at the Leeds College of Music this year as the space is much larger and more professional

I am looking forward to the following week as it will be something new and exciting to sink my teeth into.

No comments:

Post a Comment