Saturday 25 January 2014

DAY 6 - LPF - Saturday 25th January - Print Fair

Leeds Print Fair


Today we set up the tables for the print fair and helped the various printers/studios set up their table ready for the opening. Through doing this I got chatting to each of the people involved in the print fair which was a very beneficial experience. I gained some new contacts throughout the day and exchanged details with a fair few people. I may have also sorted out a placement/internship with one of the studios that attended the print fair. I am really glad I had the opportunity to get involved with this years print fair as lots of good things have already come from it. I also managed to get a few freebies throughout the day which was awesome and also purchased one of Mick Marston's amazing screen prints, which I love!

Today was awesome, I loved all of it. I found it easy to chat with the participants and I helped the public out when needed. I found the whole day really enjoyable and think that the experience has been invaluable, Ben from Ditto Press has agreed to help out with my portfolio when I've put it together. I also made good friends with Peggy from Print for Good and the girls from Dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment