Friday 10 January 2014

Datashed - Work Online / Evaluation of Experience


After a month or so, Ed got in touch with me to let me know my work had been uploaded to their website. It was great to know that my work was out on the web for all to see. This experience has spurred me on to seak more client work. I find the that producing work is much more worth while when there is the prospect of exposure. It has been a great learning curve working on a professional basis. It has taught me to how to speak with clients and the type of communication I will be dealing with. I got lucky with the Datashed as my previous experience with clients has been very different and much more awkward. Both Ed and Anna were extremely helpful and we worked well with each to get the finished results. There were a few alterations along the way but all in all the project went relatively smoothly. I was able to meet target deadlines which is always good in the real world.


One thing I would probably do better next time is my board for initial Ideas. I just had pages of sketches which the client didn't mind however I think they could of been a bit more spread out and organized as I had loads of ideas crammed into several sheets. The drawings were good however it was slightly over crowded. Another thing this brief has taught me is how to fill out an invoice as I actually got paid for this which is awesome. This project has been an eye opener into how I could carry on with freelance work after I finish Uni if I need to. Hopefully I will start to gain more free lance work over the course of the year. I was really lucky that this brief gave me the chance to do some digital illustrations which I am starting to enjoy more and more as time goes on. I am really happy with the final outcome and hope just hope that more work comes along like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment