Tuesday 21 January 2014

DAY 2 - LPF - Tuesday 21st January

Vinyl Mission
 


Today's duties involved running a few errands around town in order to prepare for the festival. We needed a few bits and bobs picking up from various places so I was given the task of collecting the goods. The first thing we needed getting was some vinyl from Sydney Beaumont's. In order to keep with the print festival colour scheme we had decided on a neon red colour to match. However when I got to there I found out the vinyl wasn't double sided and it was rather pink in comparison to the invites and posters. As a result of this I was left in a bit of a predicament, I was told that there was no double sided vinyl at all which was problem as it is needed for lettering on a window so needs colour on both sides. This was a real shame but luckily after a while of searching round the warehouse I managed to find a bright red which was double sided and would suit the job perfectly. I decided to get 2m of this in case anything went wrong on the vinyl cutter.

Poster Mission


After I had picked up the vinyl I got a taxi to dots print haus, but unfortunately the taxi driver didn't have a clue where he was going and neither did his sat-nav so I got dropped off as close as possible and walked the rest. After having a good chat with Johnny from Dots I collected the print festival posters and made my way back to college to deliver the goods. It was nice to get out and about today and experience some of the things involved with running an event, there are lots of little jobs that need doing in order to make the festival what it is. The posters look awesome and really stand out and grab your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment