Thursday 23 January 2014

DAY 4 - LPF - Thursday 23rd January

Clearing the Gallery Space


 My first task of the day was to take down the previous work from the exhibition 'Within & Without' this was a nice start to the day. I unhooked all the frames and stored them in the back then began to take down on the labels and scrape off the sticky pads.


Once I had cleared all the walls I began the fun part...I was lucky enough to get the first peak at all the work that had been sent to the print festival. I carefully unwrapped all the work and organsied it neatly.


I made sure to make a note of all the extra prints that had been sent.


So that the work didn't get mucky on the floor I hung it up around the gallery space.

Karoline's Riso Prints


Tone's Mixed Media Posters


Frederic Tacer's Engraved Posters

I had a lot of fun today hanging the work, it was a long day but it went pretty quickly. I was pretty much left to my own devices today so it was good to take the reins on this and get stuck in. I also learned a few bits and bobs about the building and met Becky from 'Colours May Vary' who I had  a good chat with. I have really enjoyed meeting new people so far this week and has felt it has built up my confidence massively and it has also been nice to be part of organizing something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment