Monday 20 January 2014

DAY 1 - LPF DIARY - Monday 20th January

Today consisted of a bit of a briefing about the week ahead in order to give me an idea of the general plan and how the festival was going to be run etc. We sorted out a bit of an itinerary of what needed doing and just had a bit of a chat about the festival. I was assured it was going to be a a hard week but I'm looking forward to seeing what is thrown at me. I think it will be a an enjoyable experience regardless of the stress and a really good opportunity to meet new people and make an impression hopefully. I am taking this week as an excuse to hassle/talk to as many new people as possible as networking is something I have not put any time into until now. I think it is important to make as many acquaintances as possible in this industry as you never know when you might need to call in a favor. Its also a good chance to try and get further work or a placement, and hopefully the fact I'm party of the LPF crew will give me some preliminary respect!



For the rest of the day I headed to Shipley to meet Nick from 'The Print Project' and get a glimpse of his workshop and the stuff he had been producing this week. He had been busy creating this years invited for the festival as you can see above. He has produced some stunning invites on Fluorescent GFSmith stock using 2 colours. The invites look amazing, they are eye catching and show the potential for letterpress as an image making tool as well as type. I had a good chat with Nick and he showed me round his workshop but unfortunately he was really busy so I couldn't stay too long. After my time was up I took the invited back to College ready to be sent out to the mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment