Friday 24 May 2013

SELF BRANDING

Branding myself is quite a hard task I want to try and highlight some of my interests within my branding, and also try to get across the type of person I am. To start with I wrote a list of some of my interests within graphic design that I could include within my CV:

Screen Printing
Print
Finish
Illustration
Laser Cutting
Embossing

Programs:

In design
Photoshop
Illustrator
Final Cut

Business Card Ideas



This Business card is supposed to highlight my interest in illustration. It would be cut out in the shape of the pencil, which is a bit different and will hopefully give a lasting impression. The brain for the rubber signifies idea generation. I like this design but feel it does not tie in my graphic design aspect.


I decided to think about the concept behind the brand and started to think of "lucky" items that people would maybe want to have. OR have connotations of something great already. This made me think of the lucky golden egg. I thought I could maybe play on the fact its a desirable object, A golden egg business card is quite humorous aswell, showing that I dont take design too seriously and I like to have fun. I thought maybe It could have a crack in it and play on the fact I'm northern...."crackin design that".


Another thing I thought of was the golden ticket! this has been something that I always wanted as a kid. I think It could be cool to have golden ticket business cards as this might make the receiver feel like they are one of the lucky few, that might of always wanted one in the past. I could foil this on some black stock. It would be nice to print on gold foil paper but in the time left I think this might be difficult.


As this year has been a big year for screen printing for me I thought It could be cool to make mini Screens out of old broken screens and then the laser cutter for the frame. I could actually expose the mini screen and wash it off to leave my details. This could potentially go really well or really shit. I have a laser cutting slot on Tuesday so I will give it ago then. The only problem with this design is that it kind of limits me to printing. Some clients may not know what it actually is. It could also end up quite big.


Mini Me - I could maybe draw a mini mi on a business card highlighting my features, then give it little cut out holes for the fingers to go through, this is quite a fun humorous business card which would show my illustration style etc. Also gives off quite a friendly fun impression


Could make a perferated mini mac with my details on, simple but quite creative and fun. Could rip easy though. Not the best idea but something a bit different.

CREATIVE CV PACKAGING 

I think it could be quite interesting to package my creative CV in a different way to your standard envelope. The creative director etc will be instantly more interested in your work if it is packaged in a creative fashion. I tried to think about other desirable objects people may want to interact with.


I thought it could be quite funny to package my CV in a break cover in case of design crisis box. I'm sure everybody has always wanted to have ago at getting into one of them from time to time.
 

Would be awesome to receive CV in a treasure box.


Could Make a Chocolate Box CV - Kind of Tricking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment