Tuesday 28 May 2013

CREATIVE CV DEVELOPMENT

I wanted the whole golden egg theme to carry through my branding and identity, I plan to incorporate my egg format into my CV. I think this concept can be pushed it is quite a fun and humorous approach to a CV.


I started by working out the content for the CV. I needed to include enough information to give the company an insight into me as a person and also where my skills lie. I wrote up the content starting with an Introduction explaining a little bit about myself. I also needed include my contact details, such as my email address and also telephone number. Because I have not really had any proffesional industry work so I decided to concentrate on my skills which I have developed over the course. I decided the best way to highlight my strengths would be to include briefs which are relevant to each of the programs and processes I am good at.


In order to get an idea of how the pages would look I drew out a rough sketch. I didn't want the booklet to be too long as it needs to be something they can have a flick through. So i decided to go with a A6 12 page booklet. I kept the egg theme and decided to use a combination of small egg clipping masks for photos and a large egg as a contrast to the opposite page.


I will package my CV in golden eggs and send them off to the studio. This is a much more interesting package than a email or your stand letter. I think this may help my chances of standing out and being more original.


The front cover will be foiled with my logo on black card. I want the booklet to standout and draw interest so I think using gold foil will achieve this and also link with my business cards.


Introduction - I wrote a brief statement about myself as a designer and as a person I even included an egg pun in there to show I like to take a humorous approach to my work. I also included my contact details. I decided my address was not that important as I would be moving very shortly.


I included information about my previous and current eduction.
The next section in the book highlights my skills as a designer, the right page
 is on branding and Illustrator.

I used a combination off egg clipping masks to display my work.



Indesign & Photoshop   
 

Screen Printing & Laser Cutting
 

Experimental Design & Dream Weaver


Finish

I think I highlighted my main strengths and kept writing to a minimum. I didn't want to include loads of information so I used lots of images of my work which should hopefully be enough. I would like to print it out on nice stock but I feel time is an issue here so for the purpose of the module I will just use the mac suit I think this will still look great with the foiled cover, that will hopefully draw the attention away from the mac suite pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment