Tuesday 28 May 2013

BUSINESS CARD PROGRESS & EGGS


Today I spent the morning in the print workshop foiling my business cards. This didn't really go as well as I would of liked and I ended up wasting allot of expensive glue and ruined the cover versions I tried to print. I managed to get a good few business cards though. Although foiling is not a very cheap process to mass produce, I am a sucker for shiny things and I don't think I could of get a shine good enough for a golden egg without foiling. I also love nicely printed things, and love to try out different design processes.


I had to cut the 2 sides out with scissors and glue them together which is not the neatest way. I am going to see whether I can laser cut them out or even try make a die cutter to cut them all out neatly. Finish means allot, it needs to feel smooth and professional.

 
THE EGGS 
 

After researching online I found a company near by that makes big plastic eggs for a sweet company. I got in contact with them and asked if I could come buy some for my project. When arriving I told them about my project and they showed me round the factory then gave me a handful of eggs for free because they liked the idea so much. I was pretty made up and am looking forward to spray painting them gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment