Tuesday 28 May 2013

SELF BRANDING CONCEPT & DEVELOPMENT

Business Card


My initial concept for my branding was based around willy wonkas golden ticket. As a child I would of loved a golden ticket and still to this day have a soft spot, I thought I could play on the fact that the tickets are special and you are lucky to have one. So people can place that emotional bond with the ticket/business card. It would also be shiny which people always love. I wanted to recreate it in my own way.


I used the collusiem font as it is bold and stands out well on the ticket. I also wanted to resemble the ticket in the child hood classic. I would say the font represents my personality in away its big, bold and communicates well.

 I was a bit unsure at what fonts complemented each other so tried a few variations 
Govenor worked quite well, being quite another bold font.
I decided Cambria worked well in the end, I stuck with the serif fonts as I think they match one another. It also worked well in lower case, placing more emphasis on my name.


 

I used a clipping mask with a gold foil texture to see how the card might look. I experimented with different designs to see what would work best and how it would work in monochrome black and white.

Here are a couple of other versions I experimented with.

Re- Think


After spending far too much time on the business cards I decided I wasn't a big fan any more and decided I wanted something a bit more original and funky.
 

  I started thinking of other Items that are quite wacky but desirable and started thinking about Golden eggs, the concept kind of came from the golden chocolate eggs on willy wonker and also the story of the goose that laid the golden eggs. 


The golden egg theme is supposed to represent my regular idea generation of golden ideas. I am the goose in essence and the golden eggs is my trade mark. 


I thought their is allot I could do with this concept and Idea as it is quite fun and wacky which gets over my personality and image. It also shows I'm not too serious and like to have a YOLK.

 I drew an egg shape that fits within the constraints of the standard business card 85mmx55mm. I experimented with the placement of text to try and find a layout that worked best. This was far too crowded and 
needed more room for the gold.

I liked the positioning of the text round the edge it kind of resembles a shadow on the egg which is quite a nice touch. I am not keen on the landscape format however.


 After deciding to have double sided business cards it became allot easier to place information on the cards. I had allot more room to work with which allowed for more white space which makes the design look ten times better. I also decided to not used Cambria on the front of the card as I felt it didn't work within the logo, I wanted something abit more illustrative and hands on to try and represent that side of my practice. I came across Motion Picture House which is a great contrast to Collesium.


I decided to play on the whole egg theme and call my company Crackin Design, this is abit of a play on the fact that I'm northern and this is a pretty northern phrase. I also think its quite humours and also represents hatching that new golden idea or plan, which I think is a nice concept to work with. 

Preparing for Foiling

 Business Cards

CV Cover

I prepared my artwork ready to print out and take to the print work shop, I am unsure about how I will cut them out at this moment in time, I would like to use the laser cutter but I feel I run the risk of ruining my business cards if it all goes wrong and I have little time to compensate for errors.
 
Pushing It Further

I think I could push this concept allot further and their is room for loads more eggcelent yolks. I am looking forward to seeing what I can produce. I am thinking of packaging my CV in golden eggs and sending them off to the studios. I have been in contact with a plastic company Mirfieled which makes plastic eggs for sweets and have organized a visit to get some eggs straight from the factory. I will produce a Small Creative Cv which carrys the whole egg theme throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment