Tuesday 20 May 2014

Self Branding Web Presence

I wanted to carry the whole golden egg theme through to my website. I think the imagery works really well and will definitely be an eye catching brand which stands out from the rest. How many other golden eggs do you see about? I decided I would keep it relatively simple with not allot of text and mainly lots imagery to show off my work. I want the site to be eay to navigate round whilst also been fun and interactive. I think the image my branding gives off is quite humorous and playful which gets across my personality.
Navigation


I decided I would only have 3 pages on my site, When I start creating more personal work I would like to have ashop section to sell my artwork and products. The main page which it will load on will be the about me page which has a small introduction about myself, but your also given the opportunity to crack open an egg and see whats inside, this is a nice touch which gives the viewer something to interact with. 

This is the layout of the home page/about me section. I have tried to use the same layout through out. Big Egg on the left then 9 small eggs on the right. Simple black and gold colour scheme throughout.


Here is the opening paragraph about me  


There is a message at the bottom telling the viewer to crack open an egg

Before
After


When you click on the eggs on the home page they crack open to reveal the projects within.

Portfolio Page 


I used a strict grid system to build my website, This has helped create a blanced professional layout which is easy to navigate round and will be easy to code as is can be split up into sections.
The big egg lets you sift through the project photos

When you click on a project markers will appear to let you know which it is


Information pops up about each project when it is selected


The arrows on the right hand side allow you to scroll through the different projects
 
Contact Page


The contact page is pretty simple, Big logo with text on the right hand side


 Contact details : email - telephone - address

I am happy with the website. It is simple and eye catching and the branding works well throughout. The imagery is memorable and interactive. It is also easy to navigate round and displays the projects in a fun and interesting manor. I will try and code my website over summer as this is something I have been wanting to do for a while and now I have a bit of spare time I will hopefully be able to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment