Wednesday 14 May 2014

Plans for the Future

I have been thinking about what I want to do in the future as I still don't see a definite direction. Over the summer period I plan to take on some personal projects and improve my printing skills. I have a few Illustration projects in mind which I would like to carry out and hope to complete a series of screen prints in response to this. I also need to work on building my online presense as this is something I have not had chance to do yet. I have an idea of what I want it to look like but I just need help with the coding. I have spoke to a friend who plans to put some time to one side to help me with my website. I have a good range of work now which I am proud of and have tackled briefs of all descriptions. I don't really like to limit myself to one design directions as I seem to like dabbling in a bit of everything. 

I think the hard part now will be finding a studio which will accommodate for all of my needs. I hope to try a few different studios out over the summer period and go for as many visits as possible. Ideally I would like to find somewhere which challenges my skill set and includes me as part of the team. I can not see myself at a massive firm doing all the boring stuff and having to gradually work my up. I know that how it is in a lot of places but It would be nice to find somewhere where I can have more of a say in whats going on.

There are also a few more corporate style briefs I would like to undertake over summer to balance out my portfolio and show a bit more of my diverse design skills as a lot of the briefs this year have been a bit of a personal development. I have done allot of things that are more suited to my own needs as I wanted to experiment with things that interest me. I need show I can also do work thats going to pay the bills, however having more fun personal work may show a client/studio that I am not just a design robot and actually do like to experiment with my own creative needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment