Tuesday 20 May 2014

SELF BRANDING DEVELOPMENT

This year I have decided to stick with the branding I did last year, I happy with how it looks and like the concept I think it is fun memorable and also in tune with my sense of humour and shows my passion for something a bit more fun and also my love of the printing process. My business cards have been hand foiled by me. I have decided that my Creative CV needed changing from last year. I have decided to create one which is a little bit bigger than last year and also with a better layout on the inside as the previous one looked a bit tacky and also didn't show off much of the work. The egg format limited my design. I also wanted to make it look a little bit more professional. I decided to get to work on creating a different one. I wanted something which was interactive and engaging for the viewer as apposed to a standard book. I decided to test out different solutions making scrap paper versions. I wanted to experiment with fold out pages to fit more information on so created several small fold out sections which would work as a series.


Testing


I split the book up into the various projects I wanted to include and worked out where I wanted the images and text. I played about with the arrangement until I had something I was happy with and then set up an InDesign file using these measurements. I wanted to make sure it could be printed on A3 as I didn't have access to James.

Designing


I first of all wrote the introduction to CV telling the viewer a little bit about me as a designer and what my interest are. I wrote a little bit about skills and also included my contact details.



Once I had the intro done I went about placing in my images I had dedicated one fold out sheet, front and back per project and then one panel for information about the brief.


Once I was completely happy with the book I checked through the copy and then printed out a test copy to try and stick together. I  needed to make sure everything lined up ok and was alright to print in colour.

Test Copy


After cutting out the test copy and binding it together I realized I wasn't a big fan of the fastener for my creative CV as it took a bit of the attention away from the logo which would be on the front. I decided I would have to come up with an alternate method for sticking the book together.






Final Copy Front


  
To bind the final version I used double sided and carefully stick all the elements together adding extra card pieces to give it some thickness in the right places. I cut out the cover extending a section for a tab locking device to hold the book together. to finish the CV off I cut out one of my business cards and stuck my logo on the front creating a stylish luxurious but fun publication which sums me and my work up quite well.

Back Cover - with tab lock




Business Card



Content

Intro
















No comments:

Post a Comment