Saturday 26 May 2012

Speaking from Experience - Clock

As my project is about showing the importance of sleep and making sure you get to college on time without risking punishment, I decided to make a clock that the students could leave at home. The idea is that the clock is split into 2, day and night. The clock focus's on the students sleeping regime. I have included a kind of info graphic chart to explain the work // play //sleep sections.

Work = 9am - 6pm
Play = 6pm - 12am
Sleep = 12am - 7am


Initial Ideas 






Clock faces day and night...

I decided to stick to the CMYK colour scheme
as I thought this would relate to the students and
my posters
I tried incorporating type into the circles but it was quite difficult to 
make it look nice. if I had a scanner it would of been easier.
 I experimented with the type. I found it very difficult to 
make it look right. I am still not very happy with it,
 I added in humorous but helpful 
notes round the edge as an incentive to 
get them off to sleep on time
and help with organisation
I added a moon half for the night and a sun for the day.
I used helvetica to really give it that graphic design
seal. 

RGB version

No comments:

Post a Comment