Tuesday 26 February 2013

WHAT IS A CREATIVE CV TASK 1 - IDENTIFY 10 COMPANIES I WANT TO CONTACT

LOVE - Manchester




Love Creative in Manchester looks like a really fun place to work, they are tackling some pretty big branding projects and tend to stray away from just printed branding. They transform brands and bring them to life, helping them find the most interesting things to say to their customers in the most interesting ways. They collaborate with lots of people which will be a really great chance to network and speak to people from different creative fields. They come up with some really creative promotion ideas, the above screen shot is for a dinosaur exhibition, the concepts and ideas for their projects are really interesting.
Dave Palmer - Executive Creative Director
LOVE.
65 High Street
Manchester
England
M4 1FS

Tel: 0044 161 907 3150






The Unit - Leeds




The Unit is another studio that interests me, its not too far away either so organizing a visit shouldn't be a problem. They work in a variety of formats and even cover print which would be nice to look into. They work with some pretty big brands too, I love the illustration style and concept behind the coke music posters above. I feel I have a similar iillustration and design style as this studio so it would be great to get a piece of the action.

     LG3 Studio 
 30-34 Aire Street
Leeds
LS1 4HT.

    Tel:  +44 (0) 7968 844 061

     info@weareunit.com 





Analogue - Leeds




I really like the look of analouge studio in Morley, this is also reasonably close and the work they are producing matches my interest and style in design. They are undertaking some nice briefs and producing them in a unique and eye catching manor. They do allot of branding too which I have become more interested over the course of the year it will be good experience to see how the industry compares to the course. This studio seems quite small which could be a nice environment to work in.

Analogue
City Mills Business Center
Peel Street
Leeds 
LS27 8QL
E: studio@madebyanalogue.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 113 341 0330






Dots Print Haus -Leeds




I would love to get a placement working at dots print house, this would be a great place to develop my knowldge of screen print. I feel I would fit in to this studio, I was recommended by Nick from the Print Project to get in contact with them. He said it would be a great for my practice. I love the work they are producing and the quality of the end products. I will definitely be sending a CV out and with any luck will secure a week or two there.

Joe Duffield and Jonny Akers - Directors
 
Unit 16
Byron Street Mills
Millwright Street
Leeds
LS2 7QG 
T : 0113 345 0080
E : hello@dotsprint.co.uk





Sparks Studio - London




Sparks studio produce some really nice work. The packaging they are producing is really innovative and creative it would be nice to see how there design process works and how they get to their end result. They do a bit of branding too which I would be interested in getting involved with, I am not the best at branding but being part of an experienced creative team would be a very valuable experience.

 
Sparks Studio
1 Rivington Place
London EC2A 3BA
T : 0207 033 3538





Duke Studios



Duke studios is another place that I would like to contact. They do allot of screen printing and laser cutting here which is an area of design I want to explore further. I am really interested in printed design and I feel working here would really help my practical skills and would also help to produce work to a professional standard. There are allot of different creatives within duke too which would be a good chance to network and meet other designers. Eventually it would be great to collaborate with other designers and this would be a good place to meet and greet.

1 st Floor Munro House
Duke Street
Leeds
LS9 8AG

james@duke-studios.com




 
Puck Studios  - East London




Puck Studios is another one like Duke they specialize in printing and laser cutting which has been a big focus for my practice this year. I am a bit gutted the studio is so far away but It would be great to have a trip to london and visit some studios over sumer. They Work with tonnes of different designers printing all different types of work. I would like to experience print on a large scale and this looks like a really fun and creative environment to work in.
 
For screen printing or vinyl cutting:

David 07868 713 207
Robbie 07814 962 877

For framing or laser cutting:
Facility 07845 297 572 / 07764 497 938

Puck Studio
4 – 8 Arcola Street
London
E8 2DJ





Shotopop - London


 
 

 
Shotopop are a design studio in London, they create tacticle design from card and over materials, their work is crafted to the highest standard and the style of work is amazing. They produce some really amazing works of art, which are eyecatching and really imaginative. I would love the opportunity to work at shotopop, I feel it wwould be great for my crafting skills, as much as I like to craft I sometimes feel my work lacks that industry standard finish.

A. 29 Heddon Street
1st. Floor
London
W1B 4BL

T. +44(0)207 734 7187
E. info@centralillustration.com
 




 
Studio Mik Mik - Bradford



Studio Mik Mik in bradford looks like quite an interesting place to visit. They work they are producing is of a similar design style to some of my work. They tackle briefs in quite a fun manor, the designs arn;t that corporate and seem to allow more room for play. This might be a nice place to get involved with as its quite close to home.

Studio MIKMIK
65 George Street
Saltaire
Shipley
West Yorkshire
BD18 4PL
United Kingdom

hello@studiomikmik.co.uk
+44 (0)7545 867493   





Salad Creative - Dorset




I would like to try visit salad creative over summer. I have a friend who drives to Dorset on a weekly basis so I could try organize to get a lift down with him. This looks like a great place to work, the scenery is amazing and the studio is right next to the sea which would be a really relaxing and inspiring place to work They do allot of branding too which would be great to get involved in, I feel I could bring some interesting ideas to the table.

Enefco House
The Quay
Poole
Dorset
BH15 1HJ

+44 (0)1202 330000 ideas@saladcreative.com
 



No comments:

Post a Comment