Wednesday 14 November 2012

STUDY TASK 2 - WHO AM I NOW


After today's seminar with John he asked each of us to respond to a small task. I have come up with 3 answers for each question which will help me identify where I am today in my practice and hopefully where I would like to go from here.

My chosen areas of practice as of now:
- Print
- Crafting
- Brand and Identity

My main strengths as of now:

- Experimentation
- Print
- Image

My identified weaknesses as of now:

- Typography
- Design Sheets
- Layout

A set of main goals for this year: 

- Create some branding for myself
- Start visiting studios
- Improve my layout skills
- Blog more
- Make better use of the library
- Manage my time better
- Start considering my portfolio
- Enter more competitions.

I think I have more than enough personal goals for the minute, but I'm sure I will get these out of the way.

Wishes:

- I wish I would stress less and just get on with the job in hand.
- I wish to end up in a laid back fun working environment, undertaking briefs that I can take an interest too.
- I want to go work in a hot country

Ambition:

As far as our practice is concerned do you want to be... 

Employed - Working in a Studio/Agency 
Owner - Designer/manager/Coordinator & Collaborator 
Manager - Managing staff for another owner

My initial ambition is to aim to get a job within a studio or design agency, this will give me an insight into the design world, and I will decided where I want to go from there. I may hate the industry yet who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment