Thursday 6 March 2014

DUST INTERVIEW / PLACEMENT

After talking to Dust at Leeds Print Festival I managed to sort out an interview for a potential placement. This was awesome news and showed that all my networking and hard work had payed off. After hearing the good news I organized to meet up at the studio. I made a small portfolio of the work I had produced this year and took it with me to Sheffield. It took me a while to find the studio when I got to Sheffield as it was rather hidden away. On arrival I was greeted by one of the girls I had met at the print festival. We sat down for a good hour or so talking through m y portfolio and the ideas I had come up with. this was a really great experience. I was fairly nervous to begin with but fairly soon I felt relaxed and spoke through my work. Dust were really happy with the work I had produced and at the end of it invited me back in summer to carry out a work placement. I am looking forward to going back to the studio and seeing what its like to be part of the team. This success has spurred me on to try and get some more experience over summer. I hope to try out as many things as possible in order to find my direction in life. I still feel a bit lost in my career path at the moment and hopefully by trying a breadth of things I will find my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment