Wednesday 19 February 2014

Personel Manifesto 2014


This is my personel Manifesto for 2014. My aims and perception on life has changed loads since first year and I am now a much more positive enthusiastic person. This course has taught me to work hard and be confident in myself. The following points relate to how I live my life at the moment and what I have learned.


It is important to take every opportunity that is given to you, even if you don't enjoy it, you will usually learn something from the experience. You will never know what you can achieve unless you say yes.



 It is important to network and talk to people. Try and make friends not just contacts, people aren't that bad and the majority of people will be happy to chat to you. You can learn a lot from others.


It is important to fail in order to learn from your mistakes. No body is perfect, there is always room for improvement. Try different print processes as it will help to understand how things work and how you can push your practice. Keep experimenting.


It is important to have the balance between work and play. All work and no play will result in a mental breakdown. Have a good blow out at least once a month to help keep stability in your life.


I have learned that your always going to get criticism and the best thing to do is to take it on board and learn from what has been said. Its always good to get a different point of view on the situation whether its positive or negative. It can still be useful even if you don't like the person.

It is also important to take on board personal projects to develop my practice and also to give me something to do which I thoroughly enjoy like printing. There is something really therapeutic and soothing about print making and so I like to get messy as much as possible.


I also set myself tyhe perosnal goal of finding atleast 1 new tune everyday as it important to stimulate the mind in other ways rather than designing. Music is a huge part of my life and I like to keep up dated with some fresh tunes. Music gets me through the day with a smile on my face.


The best way to learn is from each other. Sharing ideas and tips and hints can save you a lot of time and hard work and can also help to improve and develop ideas and concepts. Another persons thoughts and ideas could completely change the way you once thought about a subject/project.


Another think I have learned this year is to not be affraid or shy and to just get out there, get your name about and get stuck in. I am testing the waters of the design industry on the 26th of February when I go for my 1st interview about a placement. I am really looking forward to seeing how this plays out.


The most important rule to live by is to be yourself and have fun. There is more to life than graphic design, so enjoy yourself. There is no point putting on an act or a persona because people will see through the bullshit. If people don't like me...Fuck em! that's their problem not mine...But try be nice to clients..

No comments:

Post a Comment