Thursday 11 April 2013

INIZIO DESIGN - WEB DEVELOPER BRANDING - CLIENT BRIEF

BRIEF

I have been approached by 1 of my friends to who has just set up a Web developing company, he has designed a fair few websites over the course of the last year and recently business has boomed so is looking for branding for his company. This will be an ongoing process over the next few months. To begin with he wants a logo producing for his company inizio design, which specializes in web developing and design. He left it up to me to come up with the logo. He will also be wanting a logo producing for a hosting company which will be getting set up within the next 2 months. Once the logo has been sorted out there will be room for more work, I will need to produce adverts, business cards, flyers and also help with designing the web side of things,  colour schemes and imagery etc.

INITIAL LOGO IDEAS


I started by playing about  with different type and working out what works best.
Because of the name "inizio design" it was quite fun to play with as it has the 2 i's
It also has the same amount of letters in each word which can be useful when kerning
the type in the digital stages. After drawing the name out a few times, I realised the more rounded
fonts appear more current and up to date they also seem less corporate, which is what the client
is looking for. I tried adding a digital element to the logo experimenting with mouse cursors, and
also using the ON symbol to represent that they're on and ready to work, Its also a symbol
on computers adding that digital reference.


I experimented with different text, trying to keep it free flowing and rounded.
I also tried joining the text up so its, connected like the internet. I also drew it
in italic to represents the companies speedy delivery.

Badge Logo

The client also wanted a badge logo as well as just a type based logo. So i decided to play about with the Initials of the company I & D. I found these letters were quite fun to experiment with  I came up with a rough idea of where I wanted to go with it. From researching online I found that most web designers/Developers use blue in the Logos. I have decided to fall suit here as this gives the logo more of a chance of been recognised in that line of work. 


I wanted to connect the 2 letters in some way, so I experimented drawing out a few designs, I quite liked the fact the letters kind of looked like a cursor when drawn in curtain ways. I wasn't quite happy with the logo in the end, I definitely thought theres was room for improvement as these designs were pretty standard.

Development


I had a rethink and rememberd some paradox shapes I had
 seen and one in particular which was shaped similar to the designs
I had been coming up with. This shape definitely makes you look
twice so I wanted to try modify this to make it work with my ideas.



I drew the shape out in pencil first and then changed some of the lines to outline the I & D
I added on the dot on the i to make it more obvious and rotated the shape to the same angle
as the other logos. In order to make the Logo a bit more web based I added a cursor into
the negative space of the  shape. I think this will help to distinguish the company as
something web based just by looking at the icon.

Digital Development

I had to edit the shape so that the colour could run across different surfaces,
as it didn't look correct how it was originally, You couldn't make out the Letters very well.
 Here are the edited versions with the negative space cursor. I am happy with how these
have turned out. I think the cursor works better with left hand side as this is how it would
appear on the computer. The logo is quite iconic and memorable, it definitely 
makes you have another look to see whats going on.

Type Logo

I tried using various fonts but these 2 were my favourites. Myriad and 80's neon.
This font definitely matches the straight lines of the logo but 
I still don't think it is quite as good as the neon 80's font.

I think this font better suits the company, It flows well and is well 
rounded which I like , I need to make the logo a bit more rounded off
rather than straight cut lines.
I added the On symbol to the "O" to give it that computer reference.
I think the logo works well and represents the web design company well.

Logo  Type Experiments


The cursor shouldn't be this way. The logo on the right is unreadable when small
the type on the left works allot better below the badge.



Colour Reversal

The brief is going well so far, and the client is happy with the logo for the minute, But I still have changes and alterations I want to make in order to improve the logo and make it suite the text better. From here I will correct the logo and then make a start on the advert for this side of the company

No comments:

Post a Comment