Sunday 7 April 2013

Gem & Stone - Competition Brief / Design Crowd

The Brief

I have a jewelry business and need a logo design. The name of my business is Stone and Gem. The name represents the fun, edgy, and trendy pieces (Stone), as well as the more expensive, glamorous, and elegant pieces (Gem). I want the logo to somehow reflect that. I envision maybe two types of font and an ampersand connecting the two words, but I'm not set on that. I also don't want "too much going on". I prefer sleek and modern to cartoony and jokie, if that makes sense. But not so sleek and modern that it's just a few straight lines on a black background. I would also like some kind of icon or picture or something (I think?). Maybe that could connect the 2 words? Like a fluer de lis or??? I'm really not set on anything. I think once I see what I'm looking for I will know it. I can't wait to see what your creativity ability brings to my logo!

Target Market

Women - probably between the ages of 25-45

I decided to Undertake this as a quick day brief, I had a brief look online at other logo's, then just decided to sketch some ideas down and give it ago, She pretty much knows whats she's looking for as she's been quite specific, but is also open to suggestion,  she's wanting 2 types of font connected by an ampersand and maybe a fleur de lis. 

Initial Sketches


To begin with I wanted to play about with the fusing of a precious gem and stone, and played on the combination of the two, I decided to use heart shaped imagery in order to grab the attention of the female audience as this is who the branding is aimed at. I wanted to keep the fonts quite simple and upper case to give it that serious feel. Once I had got a rough Idea of where I wanted to go I started mocking stuff up on the computer.

FInal Logos


Angled Solitaire


Heart Solitaire Logo

Fleur De Lis Logo

Diamond Pattern, with Text Overlay


Concept


The boards about explain the brief and concept through the digital stages. This brief was really fun, it took langer than I expected as I kept playing around with different patterns and idea's, but in the end I think I have answered the brief to the best of my ability, I hit all the criteria she asked for even sticking with her fleur de lis idea, I did try other designs involving diamond patterns however I think there fleur de lis logo works best, It is elegant and glamourous yet has a modern trendy quality too it as well. Submission for this brief was a bit poor as you can only submit one design, no concept boards etc. just the image Which I didn't realise until I had produced my boards, luckily you can add supported media. The brief closes on the 8th of April so fingers crossed for an email congratulating me and a $200 dollar payment!

Submission Screen Shot


No comments:

Post a Comment